The Ultimate Checklist for Great Roof Maintenance in Folsom
Let's face it, roof maintenance can be a difficult, time-consuming process. Unfortunately, high quality materials and even flawless installation will not save you from the natural degradation of your roof caused by time and environmental stressors. This can lead to the need for costly repairs if left unchecked. Taking care of your roof has never been easy with roof maintenance services offered in Folsom. The trusted pros in Folsom can greatly help to extend the life of your roof, and we assure you that it costs less than repairs or replacements down the line that could have been avoided with a little extra care. In this article, we will inform you about the reasons why you should rely upon a professional roof repair company, such as roof maintenance services offered in Folsom, to deal with your “roof type” situation. Whether you choose to go with a contractor, or try to handle the roof maintenance yourself, the tips below will help you understand the ins and outs of roof and gutter maintenance.
Common Causes of Roof Problems The goal of roof maintenance is to prevent roof problems before they occur so that you may avoid the need for costly repairs, or even a roof replacement. That starts with knowing what problems to look for, and what causes them. Here are some of the most common causes of roof problems:
1. Improper Installation Garbage in, garbage out, as they say; if your roof was not installed properly to begin with, you are much more likely to encounter problems throughout the life of your roof. For this reason, the first step in good roof maintenance is making sure that you have your roof installed by qualified experts, with the use of the best materials. Investing a little more for your roof in the beginning can save you a lot of discomfort and money later.
2. Trees Trees growing too close to your home or business are potential hazards for a number of reasons. Branches may scrape across your roof, or it may fall and cause damage to the roof during unexpected events such as strong winds or storms or due to aging. Alarmingly, they may act as potential pathways for things like mold, algae, or even pests that may inhabit your roof. The second step to roof maintenance, therefore, is maintaining the grounds around it. Trim, transplant, or cut down trees that encroach too close to your roof. 3. Storms Even the best made roof can suffer damage during a storm. Unwanted elements such as Wind, water, lightning and falling tree branches may affect your roof system. Thankfully, these hazards can be minimized by proper maintenance, proper roof installation, good roof materials and taking an extra step by being diligent in maintaining your roof.
General Roof Maintenance
While every roof material and design are different, there are a lot of good practices you can follow to keep a well-maintained roof and rain gutter. Beyond the written tips below, it is generally best to engage with the services of a professional roof/gutter maintenance company in Folsom; work done by a non-professional or an unexperienced individual can lead to bigger problems for you later.
1. Regularly trim trees that grow to close to your roof to prevent potential damage or the transmission of growing things like mold or algae, and pests such as termites and squirrels that may cause harm on your roof.
2. Make sure that the top floor of your structure has adequate ventilation; this will help prevent the accumulation of moisture that can lead to the proliferation and/or harmful growth of bacteria, mold or fungi and avoid water damage to your roof.
3. Clean your roof and gutters regularly using a hose. In the event of clogged gutters, scoop out obstructions as soon as it is detected to allow water to flow through it freely. Trapped debris, especially leaves, can lead to damage or deterioration of your gutters which can incur more costly repairs if not taken care of quickly.
4. Conduct your own inspection of your roof yearly, and invite a professional to conduct an inspection as well every spring after the snow and ice melt. Detecting problems early is the key to getting them fixed quickly and simply, at the lowest possible cost.
5. If your roof is flat, make sure that there is no spot for the accumulation of moisture. A leaf-blower can duly help to push pooling water towards your gutters to let it flow and prevent stagnation.
6. If your roof has valleys, make sure you take extra care when cleaning your roof to keep these spots clear, as they are a common source of leaks. By utilizing these tips for roof maintenance, and contracting the services of a roof/gutter repair specialist when need to handle more advanced issues, you can dramatically increase the efficiency and security provided by your roof.
How Much Should Roof and Gutter Maintenance Cost in Folsom?
Generally, you should expect a fee between $50 and $250 for roof or gutter maintenance. However, this total is subject to change, and is dependent upon the extent of work performed, the consumption of materials, and the specific charges that your contractor uses. If you need roof maintenance done, give roof maintenance companies in Folsom a call today to achieve the best results for your roof maintenance service.